In the last week of January I kind of challenged myself to wear pants and trousers separates everyday and take pictures of them. Why? Because I have some requests from reader's mails to show more non-skirts outfit posts, and also because I didn't want to get you the wrong impression about me being always girly and wearing feminine skirts or dresses everywhere. Wrong impression because : wearing dresses/skirts shouldn't always be girly, and being feminine doesn't mean you can't wear comfortable pants. I have to say that mainly I showed you the pictures of me in dresses, that's because sometimes I can't take photos each time I wore an outfit, and my most likely free-time to get my outfit photographed were those time where I went out for personal leisure or hanging out with my friends (in which I do, big time, wearing skirt and dress). But I don't feel comfortable wearing skirts for going to the college, especially because I study Journalism and there are lots of practice class hours where I have to run or move easily without worrying about my underwear showing accidentally. Also I wore them for casual time at outdoor cafe, when I went out alone, when I take my dogs for walk. So, here, a week with different kind of my to-go pants outfit styles :
1. MONDAY - where the idle mood is still around. I love wearing cut-out tops and lazy sweaters to paired with the jeans. There are some place where you need to show less skin, though, so I simply covered the top with over-sized boyfriend cardigan. Simple tips : pair a comfortable top with jeans (sweater, loose tee, big outwears) to get an easy messy look.
*TOPMAN oversized cardigan / Sportsgirl cut-out top / Nudie jeans / TOPSHOP loafers / Vintage leather messenger bag / H&M sailor prints hairpiece / The Little Thing She Needs chained necklace
2. TUESDAY - a basic-colored blazer can instantly give a well-dressed touch on your outfit. Before it was me wearing cropped-sleeves top with black pants, and then after the blazer I sort-of looked like casually prepared for something more serious (meeting, library, lecturers... you know what I mean). Simple tips : really, get one blazer that fit you nicely and wear them with blouse/shirts for office related tasks or paired them with tees/cropped/non-sleeves tops for playful time.
*L&K blazer / Auburn & Ginger yellow mustard sheer top / Giordano cropped pants / Symbolize leather handbag / Wholesale-dress leather flats
3. WEDNESDAY - there's nothing more comfortable than wearing pants and tee alone, right? There's nothing wrong with that. Simple tips : put on some necklaces or scarves to give a bit of sweet touch into the plain pair. That won't hurt.
*Vintage lace tops / F21 brown pants / Forever New peach messenger satchel / Vintage tennis flats / Vintage floral-prints scarf
4. THURSDAY - boy things can be also sweet. The shirt I wore as a top were originally a vintage boy shirt that I reconstructed, and the pants were my Dad's old playtime costume I resized (he was a drummer in a high-school band or something like that). Simple tips : button-up all of the holes to get a geeky-look!
*Dad's reconstructed shirt / Dad's reconstructed pants / Bonvieux vintage-inspired leather bag / TOPSHOP leather oxford shoes
5. FRIDAY - university hours are torturing now because the car-park is relocated at somewhere quite far from my faculty's building, so I like putting on little layers to have a comfortable outdoor-walk from the car into my class. Simple tips : use a palette of color that similar in one gradation cluster if you have troubles on matching colors (I choose black-brown-creme as the main theme).
*H&M crochet top / F21 brown pants / Pull&Bear leather flats / Bonvieux leather postman bag / Vintage scarf / Vintage rayban sunglasses / Wholesale-dress retro sailor coat
6. SATURDAY - weekend and it's an allowance to dress down a little bit, wearing printed top and creamy palazzo pants to matched the leather sandals with. I guess this is too easy for you, right? Simple tips : When it's hot outside or you need to drop by the college for awhile, just put a cardigan and you'll be fine!
*Fashionista pale pink palazzo pants / Queentastic Closet printed crochet top / Vintage leather sandals / Valley Girl knitted cardigan / Bonvieux rounded leather satchel
Wearing pants isn't boring or too-boyish right? Play out and try different stuff each time. No matter what you wear, just make sure that you have chosen the clothes you like and feel comfortable with! Have fun with the pants <3